It’s been a busy day for our fire and rescue crews who have had to respond to gas leaks at two worksites in Canberra on Monday.
Crews worked to control the situation at a Bruce worksite after a small digger caused a leak before midday.
ACT Fire and Rescue also responded to a gas leak at a construction site near the Canberra Centre in the afternoon.
Both sites were deemed safe and handed over to the gas company to make permanent repairs.
It comes after Emergency Services were called to investigate a gas leak in Dickson last week, that turned out to be a Durian fruit. The fruit gives off a very pungent smell and can woft some distance.