Published: 09 April 2016 Written by Rory O'Grady
Students are expected to return to the Islamic School of Canberra in Weston next term, despite the loss of 1.1 million dollars in Commonwealth funding starting from Friday.
The Islamic School of Canberra has until April 26 to appeal the cut of its federal government funding, after an extension was granted.
Education Minister Shane Rattenbury has confirmed the ACT Government will continue to provide 400,000 dollars in annual funding to the embattled school.
He says the school must demonstrate it can remain financially viable in order for the funding to carry on.
About 2CC Podcasts
1206 2CC offers many of our featured interviews, chats and features as Podcasts, so you can listen at your leisure.
Ways to listen to each podcast
- Click the play button on the player, or
- Subscribe to our Podcast Feed (below)
Note: Our player uses HTML5 with Flash fallback.
You'll need this flash plugin if your browser does not display our player.
- The Mint is a winner!
- Businesses, meet the light rail.
- How Canberrans can help the Australian War Memorial
- An award-winning week for Canberra business
- Canberra sport with Tom Corrigan
- European wasps on the move
- CityNews with Ian Meikle
- ACT Australian of the Year finalist - Alan Tongue
- Glenn Wheatley reflects 30 years since Whispering Jack
- Mulloon Institute working to secure Australia's food and water security
- Small businesses make the case for company tax cuts
- The traveling yellow chair
- Multiple votes, same people
- Legal Segment with Noor Blumer
- Senator Malcolm Roberts on the rise of One Nation
- Canberra's Bryan Roach helping to stop crime around the world
- Politics with Terry Barnes
- Culture Tuesday with Susan Hall
- Kyrgios suspended
- More work needed on gender equality in sport, says award-winning Canberra sports lawyer
- Tim Shaw's business breakfast: Succession planning with Craig West
- Canberra's future: jobs and innovation
- No body, no bail.
- Pathways for veterans
- The ACT's leaders speak to Tim Shaw on 2CC Breakfast
- How will the ACT fund its future?
- NDIS scheme reaches capacity
- Alistair Coe - "We're happy with the costings we have got back"
- Alex McKinnon and Teigan Power share their story ahead of Carers Week
- The UK Report with Brandon Smith