Rory O'Grady Published on 09 April 2016
Students are expected to return to the Islamic School of Canberra in Weston next term, despite the loss of 1.1 million dollars in Commonwealth funding starting from Friday.
The Islamic School of Canberra has until April 26 to appeal the cut of its federal government funding, after an extension was granted.
Education Minister Shane Rattenbury has confirmed the ACT Government will continue to provide 400,000 dollars in annual funding to the embattled school.
He says the school must demonstrate it can remain financially viable in order for the funding to carry on.
About 2CC Podcasts
1206 2CC offers many of our featured interviews, chats and features as Podcasts, so you can listen at your leisure.
Ways to listen to each podcast
- Click the play button on the player, or
- Subscribe to our Podcast Feed (below)
Note: Our player uses HTML5 with Flash fallback.
You'll need this flash plugin if your browser does not display our player.
- "I'll represent the people"
- Travel with Becky from Active Travel
- Canberra's Early Morning Centre lending a hand to those in need
- Canberra celebrates Canada Day
- Inter-force rugby
- Greens candidate has big plans
- Dickson development to go ahead
- Victor the Viking ready to lead the Raiders in his 600th match
- Katy Gallagher "nervous" ahead of first Senate election
- Blind candidate sees bright future
- Changes to your TV
- Campaign Launches - The Big Scam!
- Bill Redpath from Blumers Lawyers - 29th June
- Star soprano joins Canberra Symphony
- Citizens juries or plebiscites?
- "A vote is like a pat on the back"
- The fight over Pokies
- Culture Tuesdays - Museum of Australian Democracy
- Canberra lacks apprentices
- Leaving the EU not the best result
- "Vote for me because I'm a good bloke"
- Kate Carnell wants to hear from Canberra small businesses
- Tim Ferguson back in Canberra for a comedy masterclass!
- What's the smell down south?
- Meet Your MLA - Vicki Dunne
- Rubbish Strikes and Bus Driver meetings
- Confusion reigns as Brexit raises new questions
- Travel with Worldwide Destinations
- Brexit to have financial ramifications
- Vietnam-era Thunder set to roll into Canberra again