Rory O'Grady Published on 09 April 2016
Students are expected to return to the Islamic School of Canberra in Weston next term, despite the loss of 1.1 million dollars in Commonwealth funding starting from Friday.
The Islamic School of Canberra has until April 26 to appeal the cut of its federal government funding, after an extension was granted.
Education Minister Shane Rattenbury has confirmed the ACT Government will continue to provide 400,000 dollars in annual funding to the embattled school.
He says the school must demonstrate it can remain financially viable in order for the funding to carry on.
About 2CC Podcasts
1206 2CC offers many of our featured interviews, chats and features as Podcasts, so you can listen at your leisure.
Ways to listen to each podcast
- Click the play button on the player, or
- Subscribe to our Podcast Feed (below)
Note: Our player uses HTML5 with Flash fallback.
You'll need this flash plugin if your browser does not display our player.
- FINALS FOOTY
- Burns Club not onboard with anti-Casino sentiment
- Ricky's Raiders doing it for Canberra
- Australia's China choice?
- Canberra sex work community concerned by violent attacks
- Canberra Live Transport Debate 2016
- Jimmy Barnes brings domestic violence out of the shadows
- There's never been a more exciting time to join the Canberra Racing Club!
- Are Australians paying too much for private health cover?
- Movies with Paul Brennan
- Blumers Law Segment with Amy Burr
- Canberra connects with Wellington
- Australia's ecosystem and yogurt don't mix
- Blue Poles still drawing attention in Canberra and abroad
- International expert in Canberra calling for urgent action on dementia
- Tezza Tuesdays with Terry Barnes
- Culture Tuesdays - NLA
- Union payments all clean
- Take a photo for a good cause
- Rethinking welfare and the age pension
- Failure of needle program "disappointing"
- Meet Your MLA - Jayson Hinder
- Canberran tech startup guru purchases RiotACT
- Richard Clapton coming to Canberra
- Should there be a needle exchange program in Canberra's prison?
- Sarah's Secret Suburbs: Hughes
- Big day at the Airport
- Troy Casser-Daley
- Cross-border operation leads to arrests and major ice seizure
- Making sense of Australia's employment rate