Rory O'Grady Published on 09 April 2016
Students are expected to return to the Islamic School of Canberra in Weston next term, despite the loss of 1.1 million dollars in Commonwealth funding starting from Friday.
The Islamic School of Canberra has until April 26 to appeal the cut of its federal government funding, after an extension was granted.
Education Minister Shane Rattenbury has confirmed the ACT Government will continue to provide 400,000 dollars in annual funding to the embattled school.
He says the school must demonstrate it can remain financially viable in order for the funding to carry on.
About 2CC Podcasts
1206 2CC offers many of our featured interviews, chats and features as Podcasts, so you can listen at your leisure.
Ways to listen to each podcast
- Click the play button on the player, or
- Subscribe to our Podcast Feed (below)
Note: Our player uses HTML5 with Flash fallback.
You'll need this flash plugin if your browser does not display our player.
- Northbourne land available for development
- China's ownership claim rejected
- Buses and trams and Oaks Estate
- Not the bacon!
- 1 million-plus Aussies make this property investment mistake – do you?
- Should we be allowed to go faster?
- Noor Blumer from Blumers Lawyers - 20th July
- What will the Wikileaks announcement mean for Turkey?
- Tezza Tuesdays
- Sign off
- Culture Tuesdays - Questacon
- Immigration Success Stories
- Moving on up
- Meet Your MLA - Andrew Barr
- Canberra's growing, but doesn't growth mean more houses?
- Where to now?
- Brendan Smyth leaves the Legislative Assembly
- Vale Robert Foster
- Fast train talk outside an election?
- Queanbeyan's own Masterchef
- Giulia Jones Every Monday we give you a chance to know your MLA's better. Today, we meet Canberra Liberals MLA and Shadow Minister for Multicultural Affairs Giulia Jones
- No end in sight to Canberra's garbage issue
- Greyhound ban hasty
- Dallas Police ambushed
- Travel with Worldwide Destinations
- Remembering the 100th birthday of Gough Whitlam
- Australia's credit rating put on negative watch
- Sarah's Secret Suburbs: Kambah
- Royalla road an issue
- Greyhound Racing banned