Rory O'Grady Published on 09 April 2016
Students are expected to return to the Islamic School of Canberra in Weston next term, despite the loss of 1.1 million dollars in Commonwealth funding starting from Friday.
The Islamic School of Canberra has until April 26 to appeal the cut of its federal government funding, after an extension was granted.
Education Minister Shane Rattenbury has confirmed the ACT Government will continue to provide 400,000 dollars in annual funding to the embattled school.
He says the school must demonstrate it can remain financially viable in order for the funding to carry on.
About 2CC Podcasts
1206 2CC offers many of our featured interviews, chats and features as Podcasts, so you can listen at your leisure.
Ways to listen to each podcast
- Click the play button on the player, or
- Subscribe to our Podcast Feed (below)
Note: Our player uses HTML5 with Flash fallback.
You'll need this flash plugin if your browser does not display our player.
- Greyhound racing in the ACT
- Amy Burr from Blumers Lawyers - 24th August
- Canberra's golden rugby 7's girl
- Tim Shaw enters The Shadow Game with Steve Lewis and Chris Uhlmann
- Culture Tuesdays - MOAD
- Tezza Tuesdays
- These guys really Like Canberra!
- Canberra Symphony Orchestra brings music to the hearing impaired
- Law Council welcomes new family violence guidelines
- Canberans still ripped off on petrol
- What happens when your house gets sold without you knowing?
- Meet Your MLA - Shane Rattenbury
- Huawei extends sponsorship with Canberra Raiders
- Canberra Liberals pledge to boost nursing numbers
- It's BMX time
- How to be an Independent candidate
- Worldwide Destinations
- Dog ban may go further
- Louise Adler coming to Canberra Writers Festival
- The Voice of Rugby hoping for a tight Bledisloe Cup opener
- Sarah's Secret Suburbs: Crace
- Aussies tri for gold
- Autonomous cars in Canberra not viable.
- Should we be worried about bikies in Canberra?
- Paul Brennan's movie tips
- Ita Buttrose coming to Canberra for Pink Lady lunch
- ACT RSL President reflects on Vietnam Veterans Day
- Let's hit the beach!
- Flyover to mark 50 year Anniversary
- Phil Schubert from Blumers Lawyers - 17 August